Sunday, February 16, 2014

Gratitude

Dear Family and Friends,

   I am writing this post in honor of you.  I wanted to take a moment and thank you for the impact you have made in my life.  I know I haven't been the easiest person to get a long with a times. I  have been extremely stubborn, self-righteous, manipulative, selfish, and frustrating, but if you're reading this you've stuck it out for the long run.

 I am so thankful for the influence you have been to me.  The way you've lead, taught, and supported me through the good times, and the difficult times.  I thank you for reminding me to laugh at myself when I mess up, to keep trying when all I want to do is quit, and to be thankful for life's lessons.

  I thank you for being there when I needed you the most, for not giving up on me, believing in me, and encouraging me.

  I thank you for helping me during times of poverty and celebrating with me in times of success.

  I thank you for showing me mercy and kindness, when I deserved punishment.

  I thank you for being someone I can always trust and admire.  A person I want to emulate.

  I just wanted you to know, you are what keeps me going, drives me to better myself, makes me get up in the morning, and pushes me toward my goals.

  You are the invisible love pushing me toward success.  And you are the one who helped me realize success is personal, not trivialized by being summed up as money, careers, relationships, ect.  It is like clay.  Always being reshaped, restructured, remade by life's never-ending changes, remolded to be something I can find honor in.

  So, just so you know, this is about you, and how you have helped me, continue to help me, and for which I will always be grateful.

Thank you.  My family, my friends, and those who I have encountered.
As they say in Colombia,
Un abrazo!

No comments:

Post a Comment