Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Song

MY HEART SONG



"Broke my heart on the roadSpent the weekend sewing the pieces back onCrayons and dolls pass me byWalking gets to boring when you know how to fly."

On my road or story as I like to call it, my heart broke in chapter 6. My weekend of sewing pieces back on was more like chapters 6 through 29. The simplicity of crayons and dolls, quickly turned complex. After, I could never walk again. I had to fly!

Me Dancing


"Not the homecoming kindTake the top off, and who knows what you might findWon't confess all my sinsYou can bet I'll try it, but you can't always win"
I do love good ol' Indiana and going home, but as soon as I'm home, I'm ready to venture out once more. I love convertibles! I mean who doesn't? Sins! Please, never :)

"Cause I'm a gypsy, are you coming with me?I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit meNever made agreements just like a gypsyAnd I won't back down 'cause life's already bit meAnd I won't cry, I'm too young to die if you're gonna quit me'Cause I'm a gypsy, 'cause I'm a gypsy"
I am a gypsy, but not the stealing, cheating kind. Especially not the kind that decides to marry at age 15 and wear a outlandish gown with sparkles and lights!(See Irish Travelers) I don't make agreements when I don't agree. I definitely won't back down, just ask my parents! I will cry, but I'll get over it fast too! I just love gypsy looking clothes like this...(Gypsy clothes).

"I can't hide what I've doneScars remind me of just how far that I've comeTo whom it may concernOnly run with scissors when you want to get hurt"

Yeah, can't hide it. But really, can anyone hide everything forever?  I'm thankful for the scars. I'm reminded of how impressionably infinite life really is. The tiniest and seemingly most insignificant moment can change the universe! I sometimes forget to not run with scissors, hence the injuries...

"And I say, hey you, you're no foolIf you say no, ain't it just the way life goesPeople fear what they don't knowCome along for the ride, oh, yeahCome along for the ride, ooh"

So, if you're still reading, you're probably my best friend. You're definitely foolish if you say no to the next post. Give it a shot! I promise you'll always be surprised. Come along for the ride... right now we're in Colombia!


No comments:

Post a Comment